Monday, April 9, 2007

Transition blues

The weather is getting cloudy here.
Still warm enough though.
I am leaving Ireland soon and it is starting to hit home.
Strange feeling.
I have never really gone through anything quite like this before, as I have never left a country after living in it for so long (almost seven and a half years!), apart from home, but that doesn't really count, does it? Leaving home is quite different.
Plenty of things left to do, I have to start calling companies to stop accounts, change addresses and all. Also I have to continue to sort through my stuff, to make sure that I sell/give/get rid of everything I don't want to bring back.
What will come next?
How will it come?
I don't know.
I am excited about walking the path to Santiago soon, and about moving to California, even though I have no idea how that is going to happen. Trust, I guess.
I have two main directions to look at right now: I could do wholesale of crystals. Living in California would be great for that as I can find most of the most common crystals in the US, Canada or in South America. I would love to go to the mines and choose the stones and crystals myself. But I have no idea of what is really involved there. I need to investigate that first.
Then I could do something like working on/owning a vineyard. I'd love that. But to do that I need some more qualifications than what I have. I'll have a look at summer oenology courses in Bordeaux when I am there. Could be really cool, and I have always loved the wine culture, not to mention the fact that I come from there, and it is really in my blood.
Well, lots of exciting things ahead really!

No comments: