Monday, April 16, 2007

Sun, Friends, and a bottle of wine

I had planned on packing everything today, or at least as much as I could.
I know I won't get much done in the next few days, as my parents are arriving on Wednesday afternoon, and tomorrow morning I have an appointment at the dentist's, and then I go to work on the organic farm. On Wednesday I have my last Tai Chi session, and then I will probably meet a friend for a last time before my parents arrive.
I would like to do as much as I can while I am on my own, it is just easier that way.
So I had started well in the morning, until I went to my landlady around 1pm, to invite her to the last barbecue I have organised as a goodbye party the Thursday before I leave.
She accepted the invitation for her and her husband gladly, and ended up offering me a glass of wine. It was the middle of the day, and quite hot (at least for Ireland), nevertheless I thought why not, and accepted.
Well, we ended up chatting away for at least a couple of hours, sitting in the sun, and drinking the whole bottle of Beaujolais between the two of us. Ouch!
I felt a bit dizzy when I came back home, and in no state at all to do any packing.
As soon as I felt I had sobered up enough I went on the internet to catch up with friends over Skype, and have been at the computer ever since. Now it is 9:15pm, I haven't eaten or packed, and I have a movie to watch tonight.
But it's OK.
I feel good, and am glad to have such a lovely landlady. I enjoy spending time with her, and at the end of the day, if I am not here to share my time with people, then what am I here for!! Certainly I wasn't born to just pack stuff...
So I'll do a bit more tonight, and tomorrow somehow between things.
All will be well. I know that.

No comments: