Sunday, April 22, 2007

Strange, but interesting times...

It has been yet another while since I last posted anything here.
I feel like I am living in strange times.
Really since the laptop story nothing is quite the same.
My parents called me on Monday evening, i.e. at the time they were supposed to take the ferry, to tell me that mum's ID card is expired and they wouldn't let them on the ferry. So the next few days were filled with frantic attempts to get an emergency passport, or some kind of ID organised for my mum before Monday (tomorrow) which was the date we had rescheduled the ferry to.
However all failed, and my dad is going to have to come here with my mum's sister.
It's not the ideal situation, but no one died or had an accident, and it is really not the end of the world. Also it is giving me a few more days to finish the packing, and meet up one last time with people I haven't seen in a long time.
But somehow it didn't flow very well.
Things are not flowing so well at the moment.
Strange, as they really did at the beginning of my getting ready to move. I sold most of my little stuff very quickly, and have now packed most of what I keep, so I just need to sort and pack bathroom stuff and clothes and I am done.
But, one big thing that is still waiting is the car. I haven't sold it yet, and have had absolutely no phone call about it this week, although I put an ad in many different papers/websites, with lower prices than last week.
Obviously, the fact that I am not selling it makes me worry about it, which probably pushes the very thing I am looking for away from me.
I know I need to relax, trust and let go.
Looking this morning at the reasons why I worry, I found out that selling the car is only one step. From it should come the money I need for the rest of the year. So if I don't manage to sell it, or somehow lose that money, I am stuck with enough money for maybe two months, but far from my dream of taking it easy until the end of the year, and taking my time to go to the States and explore before I have to really do something. So my fear of not selling the car comes down to another fear, the one of not having enough money. And that fear is linked to the fear of not being able to attract the money I need and want for the rest of my life.
I know about the law of attraction, have read about it, and am painfully aware that I should know better than that.
But then again I also know that the best thing I can do in any situation is to embrace it, rather than try to make myself feel better by beating myself up for any "unreasonable" feelings I might have.
So that's what I'll do.
I have dug out my Emotional Freedom Technique documentation, so I can tap the feelings and emotions away. What I like about the EFT releasing technique is that it helps me first accept, and often really find out whatever I am feeling, before letting it go. So it goes with the flow, instead of beating the feeling out of me with pure force. That means it doesn't leave any residues of the little victim in me who cries "but I am ENTITLED to feel that way! Look at how I was wronged!!"
I also reminded myself of one of the basic law of attraction rules: if I want to be wealthy, or attract money in any way, I really need to be, think and act like a wealthy person... Now how would a wealthy person feel about my car? They would probably not worry one bit about it. I mean, if you are a millionaire, you are not going to sweat because you don't know if you will get the 13000 Euro that the car is worth... And as a result, you probably sell it, and get that money or more in no time!
Also a wealthy person wouldn't worry about how to get money for the end of the year, or even for the rest of their life!
So there.
The answer is pretty clear.
So what would a millionaire do today? Probably have breakfast, meet the people they have said they'd meet, and spend the rest of the day doing what they really like.
So that's what I'll do! I am going in a couple of hours to meet a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a year, and who just had a baby, so that'll be nice.
And then I'll go home and write, because I really feel like it and I haven't done it in a long time.

No comments: