Saturday, April 28, 2007

Last days...

It feels a bit strange today.
I went into town, to the market, with my dad and my aunt, and it felt like there was something special in the air. As if there was a festival or so.
Yes, there were people from twin city Lorient who organised a breton market, and there was also Celtic music and dancing, but there wasn't as much people around it as there would be in a real festival.
No really, maybe it was just the feeling of summer, with the sun shining and relative heat around (20 degrees Celsius today, summer temperature for Ireland!!). Or maybe it just felt special because I am leaving and I knew it would be my last time on the market.
Or at least my last time as a resident in Ireland.
Since the barbecue on Thursday, with all the people I said goodbye to, it really feels like I am leaving, and I am not quite sure what to make of it.
Obviously there are mixed feelings, after all, I spent seven and a half years of my life here, which means it is where I spent most of my adult life. I was 21 when I arrived.
A seven-year-cycle later, here I am, almost leaving.
I really have no idea what to make of it.
Well, tonight I will finish all my bottles of alcohol with my dad, aunt and landlord and landlady. Don't be scared, there isn't that much left.
But it will be fun, and less to bring back.
And I am sure I will be fine tomorrow :-)

No comments: