Monday, April 30, 2007

That's it folks!

Well, this is it.
Last day.
Tomorrow morning, alarm set at 6am.
Brushing teeth, eating breakfast, putting the last few things away, the last bags in the car, leaving the keys behind (how strange is that, I'll have no keys of mine anymore...).
And then setting off before 8am for Rosslare Harbour, where the ferry will be bringing us to Cherbourg the next day.
Bye bye Ireland.
My car is in Claregalway with a friend who agreed to play the middle man to sell it. Ads are in the Galway Advertiser for the next two weeks, and in the Buy and Sell too.
I can feel it will get sold soon.
It will be just fine, as usual.
And now what?
A feeling of emptiness but also excitement.
Sadness, grief and also joy.
The path to Santiago is calling me.
California is calling me.
Adventure is calling me.
Now it is past midnight, I'd better get to bed if I don't want to be wrecked for the big day tomorrow.
I wonder if I'll sleep...

No comments: