Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Ireland - the end: soon...

Today I almost went to help the guys at the little organic farm who deliver organic vegetables and fruit to me every week. I had arranged with them that I would help them from time to time, as I feel I would really enjoy working in nature, planting, seeding, weeding and doing what else needs to be done, while helping a business I like and want to support in every way I can.
But when I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning (it was only 8:15am, the earliest it has been in a looooong time!!), I could already hear the rain beating against the windows, and the wind whooshing in the chimney... I looked outside, switched on the TV set quickly to get the confirmation that the weather would be stormy all day, and sent them a text to ask if it was worth me coming, upon which we agreed to delay my day of help one week, so I will go there next Tuesday.
I am looking forward to it, but maybe it wasn't bad for me to have the day to relax, as all my muscles are still aching from the running and walking of the last two days...
I have felt since about two days a desire emerging in me: I would like to go to county Kerry for the weekend. I would like to spend about 4 days driving, walking, writing, staying in B&Bs and making pick-nicks for myself. So I am thinking of leaving on Thursday afternoon or so, and coming back on Monday evening, so I am back to go to the farm on Tuesday.
I went at least 3 or 4 times to Kerry already, to visit Dingle, Killarney and the ring of Kerry, and always enjoyed it immensely. It felt as if I could connect to the place in a very deep and special way. But I always went there with people, once or twice with a partner, another few times with visiting relatives. So now I would like to go there again on my own, before I leave Ireland.
Oh by the way, I don't think I mentioned it yet, but that's it, the ferry is booked, and my last official day in Ireland is the 30th of April 2007!! I will probably come back after that for holidays, to visit friends or so, but right now I don't think I will settle down here again. Everything can change, it's true, but right now it feels like my time in Ireland is getting to an end.
And I want to embrace that end so it feels like fireworks!
Yes, I think I will go to Kerry...

No comments: