Thursday, February 22, 2007

New hair cut

I went to the hairdresser's yesterday, and got a drastic cut.
No long hair anymore.
It took two hours and forty-five minutes to get my hair cut, but then again, I went to a hairdressing college, and it was a student who cut it, hence the time.
It was fun to watch the transformation, mesh after mesh falling on the floor and on my lap, as I started to look more and more like a bear... I could feel the weight becoming less and less, and I felt like shouting woohoo! every so often, as I could feel more lightness and freedom on my head and shoulders, and was already looking forward to the piece of cake it was going to be to wash it with my crappy shower head (old cottage, no water pressure, no fun to wash long thick hair...).
At the end the teacher had to help to give me a cut I could live with, and now I quite like it, and I feel it is really growing on me. I will change the picture in my profile as soon as I have a picture of how I look now.
My hair is now really short, a bit messy on the sides, with still a tiny bit of length in the back, a couple of centimeters or so. I find it looks dynamic, still feminine, and like a fun cut!
So here, it is another bit of the transition.
All the transitions I have gone through somehow affected my hair: I started when I was 19 with blue hair, then flashy red, then really short (6mm was the shortest, you could see the scalp through it), then spiky (it stayed like that for a couple of years), then short but relatively normal, then fiery red with highlights, then natural colour again, then long, and now short again.
I like the energy of my new look.
I love the energy of my new life.
And even though I am still in that slow lazy stage of the transition, I can already feel the amazing life, full of promises and fun that is starting to dawn on me.
So now I can really shout Woohoo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dès que j'ai ouvert ton blog je pensais trouver une photo avec ton nouveau look. Hum... Te voilà moins rapide. Mais ce soir est busy pour toi alors je patienterai.
Tu sembles ravi et heureuse car en parfaite harmonie avec ton ressenti profond.
Bisous