Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Transformation

Last night I was in my cottage with a very good friend of mine, and as we were talking, I heard a fluttering sound. After I discarded my first thought of angel wings, I looked for the origin of the sound, and discovered a beautiful brown and golden butterfly fluttering around my sitting room.
My friend immediately said: "Do you realise that butterflies are about transformation?"
And that felt right. Why, and how had a butterfly found access to the inside of my thatched cottage, and what was supposed to do with it?
I thought of letting him out, but my friend told me he would die in the cold. He would die inside too, but at least he would be warm. So I let him stay inside with pleasure and gratitude for the beautiful symbol.
Today I heard him again as I was experimenting with my oil paintings on the wooden round table in the conservatory, and I noticed then that it was actually a second one!! The first one was still flying against the window in the sitting room!
Wow! The strength of the symbol was immediately multiplied by two!
So yes I am transforming, and I am now embracing every stage and every moment of the transformation. I can see my point of view changing from the caterpillar to the height of the skies, and I can feel my wings growing in my back. I can feel my mind, my soul (and thankfully not my body) expanding!
I don't really know right now where my path is leading me. But I feel good right where I am now, observing what is going on in my mind, and letting go of the resistance as it comes up as much as I am aware of it anyway. It's fun. So as long as it is fun I know I am on the right path...

No comments: