Friday, February 23, 2007

Slow day, so what?

OK so I just added a webcam picture of my new look to the blog.
It is not a great quality picture, and I look pretty tired on it, but it will give you an idea of the cut...
Apart from that, today is quite slow so far.
I am sitting in the little hotel I go to all the time for coffee and because they have free wireless broadband access, but I feel that maybe I came here too many times this week, and the waitress is starting to look at me with a weird look on her face, no matter how generous the tip I leave. Maybe I am just imagining things, but I found that I have a good feel for these things usually.
So I might give the hotel a miss next week, and keep myself to my dial-up 2 hours a day evening connection. And that's ok.
That means more time in the day to read, write and do other things. Like experimenting yet a bit more with my oil paintings, reading some of the 10 books I just received from Amazon, do some of the exercises that should help me to find out what I really want to do, and maybe also relax and meet friends.
Yes, today feels very slow as I am observing my feelings change, and try to reach for the best emotional state that is within my reach right now. But that's fine. I can just honour the slowness of the day, and use the opportunity to read yet a bit more, or maybe watch a movie and relax.
Yes I will probably just do that tonight.
But right now I will get away from the hotel, to escape the smothering feeling of guilt of having been here maybe one time too many this week. Have a good weekend everyone!!

No comments: