Monday, February 26, 2007

Firmly on the way... to where again?

This morning I woke up earlier than I had in at least 2 weeks!
Still found it hard to get up, as if my brain was awake, but my eyes wouldn't quite open, and if I forced them to open, they stung and tingled until I had to shut them again. I dragged myself out of bed after a while anyway, and decided to go for a 6km walk after breakfast. It was about 12:20pm by the time I left, and I did the 6km in 1h10, which was pretty good, I found.
It feels like the very beginning of my training for the 780km walk to Santiago that I'd like to undertake in May.
While I was walking, the first 30 min were joyful, I could feel my heart singing, there were very young lambs in the fields, young calves as well, and normal old sheep and cows also. The sky was gray and quite threatening, but it wasn't raining and the temperature was mild. I realised I could have walked in T-shirt really.
And then I started to feel good that I was moving again, my blood was beating fast in my arteries, and I felt all warm, even a bit too warm. Which is quite a relief after months of feeling cold, no matter how much I heated the cottage.
I felt good that I wasn't slumped on my couch watching day time TV, or drinking yet another mocha in yet another café in town. I was walking, I was moving again!
But then a new feeling gripped my insides and made me stop for a second. What about the direction? Toward what was I walking? What was my goal?
So I realised motion is good, but not quite enough. I can fill my days with walking, running, meeting people and doing things, but that will not bring me one inch closer to my dream if I don't know which direction my dream is!
And maybe I need another few late nights and late mornings, and days slumped on the couch to let the direction brew in me. Or maybe not.
I will see what comes in the next few days, and will listen to my inner voice that is getting louder every day.
Oh yes, and I will count my blessings every day, look at everything I am grateful for. That always helps so much.

No comments: