Thursday, February 22, 2007

Divine Sludge time...

I started reading a book a few days ago, called "This Time I Dance! - Trusting the Journey of Creating the Work You Love" by Tama J. Kieves.
I came across it at my favourite second hand bookshop, and had to buy it, even though I know there is a whole box of books and CDs exactly on that subject coming to me right now.
And I don't regret it! What a book!
I had a beautiful moment today as I was sitting for lunch, just after my weekly Tai Chi lesson, and before my appointment at the hair dresser's, and took out the book while I was waiting for my order. I read a chapter that felt like it had been written for me.
It was called "The Year Of Sleeping Dangerously" and explained that it is quite normal that, just after taking the leap from an established working life, and as I expect to start that beautiful life doing exactly what I want, and exploring all the possibilities that offer themselves to me, I find myself unable to get out of bed, and take about all day to finish my breakfast. She calls this transition zone a "divine sludge".
So I am not alone!
I don't need to feel guilty that I am ruining my life because suddenly I am not able to find the courage to be productive! And prefer sleeping, reading and watching TV all day! It is even OK to embrace it!! It is like a soul-searching period, that is as important as the doing bit!!
Great! Now I feel much better, and I can feel as all my muscles relax and I start loving all of myself, even the bit that can't get out of bed before 11am... I will nurture it, let it go to bed late and sleep late if it wishes to, pig out on nice foods if it feels like it, and just hang in there until the foggy days give way to other, new days where I actually feel like jumping out of bed and doing things.
Now I know that these times will come also, and I am not being just plain lazy because I feel so slow.
And on this nice thought, I go to bed... and will sleep as late as I want tomorrow!

No comments: