Wednesday, March 14, 2007

In God's Hands

Well I really thought I wouldn't manage...
I came back yesterday from the organic farm with a huge headache, wondering how the hell I was supposed to write when no thought could cross my mind without making me wince with pain.
So I just had a cup of nice herbal tea, a quick bath, and went to bed. It was about 5pm I think. I woke up after 7pm, a bit better, forehead still pounding a bit.
It took me a while to really wake up fully, and at around 9pm, I was in front of the computer, pulling my hair out because the screen was flickering and going off all the time, and also because I felt that everything I had written the night before needed to be redone. That meant I was once again at half of my story.
So I wrote, and wrote. At 1am I had 3700 words - needed to have at least 4500 to enter - and was not near finished in my storyline. I could have cried.
But little by little, somehow, it came, and I managed to shape the story differently. One character ended up a bit different than the night before, but actually much more real.
And just after 2am, I wrote the last sentence, and had the huge satisfaction of typing The End underneath. Woohoo!!!
And still managed to wake up before 8am this morning, so I have time to reread through it, print it, and post it before going to Tai Chi at 11am.
I am quite proud I managed to finish it. I am also happy it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to.
OK better go and proofread the story now.
And from today on, it's in God's hands really. It is quite nice to let it go completely.
I will go to the shop where I bought my laptop today so they can repair the screen that goes off so annoyingly in the middle of important things. That means I won't be online for a few days, so I might pop into internet cafés in town, but don't worry if you don't see me everyday for the next few days.

No comments: