Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Back to nature!

I did it!
I finally went to spend a day helping the organic farmers who deliver my vegetables.
I spent quite a few hours weeding, sowing and watering, with my hands deep in the soil. I met plenty of worms, played with dogs, and spent lovely time outside, well in a tunnel, but with plenty of fresh air.
It was beautiful to do these simple things, tiring too, but I can feel a healthy tiredness in my bones and muscles. Especially in my back - Ha! I can imagine how it will be tomorrow morning when I get up. But the hour and a half of Tai Chi tomorrow should fix it all!
I am looking forward to going back there next week and doing another day!
Well, I feel quite tired now so it looks like it will probably be an early night. My nights are easier since I went to Kerry by the way, and I seem to be back on track, waking up when it is still morning, and following a rhythm that feels good to me. Woohoo!
Oh yes and I wanted to add a picture here... When I was in Ballyferreter, at the end of the Dingle Peninsula, on Saturday, I saw a baby seal on the beach. He was so cute, and all alone, and I could approach him until I was about 2 meters away from him. When I tried to come closer, he raised his head, erected his whiskers and emitted a groaning noise that made it clear that he felt threatened, so I stopped. I have no idea why he was there on the beach on his own, but as he didn't look hurt, I thought he would probably meet his family again as soon as the tide would reach him. Here is a picture of this lovely encounter:

No comments: