Thursday, March 8, 2007

Back on track

Today I woke up early, and felt great jumping out of bed around 8am for the first time in a long time, it seems. I even spent some time writing and working at my short story for the TV contest I want to enter.
The deadline is next Thursday, all entries have to be sent as hard copies over the post, and I have so far about 2000 words written - goal is 4500 to 5500 words. So there is still a lot to write, but I know I will make it.
I feel like I am back on track now, with full dedication, and I know that the time I spent "wasting my time" was actually useful in my growth and personal development, which is important if I want to be a writer, or indeed if I want to be anything really.
So I'll see how it goes over the next few days, but I won't overstress myself, as I have a friend staying over until Friday or Saturday morning. I know that no matter what, I will make it.

No comments: