Sunday, January 6, 2008

What next?

This transition is not easy.
I am starting to think that my plan of being back in San Francisco within the next 2 months might be a teeny bit too optimistic... That makes me feel sad, disappointed and discouraged.
Yet I am very aware that I am creating my own reality, right now.
And right now I am oozing fear and scarcity rather than joy, grace and abundance.
I am finding it hard to go back to feeling abundant, and at the same time I know that the more I feel scarce, the more I attract scarcity. Hmmm not helping.
I am not sure what is my next step.
Well, there are two next steps for this week: one is tomorrow, where I am going to the town hall to apply for the RMI (revenu minimum d'insertion), which is the minimum amount of financial help the state will give to people who don't qualify for unemployment benefit. About €400/month or so... Already something. Argh and here I am so much in scarcity again.
The second step is more positive: it is the company creation workshop on Friday. That should be really interesting. We'll see what comes out of it.

I have the feeling that instead of focusing so much energy trying to find a job on the internet, I could decide to spend time clarifying and narrowing down what I want to do. What do I really want my days to look like? Where and how do I want to spend my energy? What do I want to achieve professionally?
Yes that feels like a good idea.
Let's see what comes from it.

2 comments:

Darx said...

I agree strongly that focusing your mind on what you want rather than trying to fit into someone else's box is a great way to spend your energy. Just got a great book out of the library: Write It Down Make It Happen. I highly recommend getting a copy and going to town with the exercises it gives. You rock, darlin', keep on with your awesome progress.

Unknown said...

Thanks sweetie. Sometimes I really feel like I am losing sight of it all. Thank God for people like you who stay there and support me through it all!