Friday, January 4, 2008

Unemployment administration

What a day!
I spent about 4 hours today going from one administration to the next to register as an unemployed person, check if I am eligible for unemployment benefit (turns out I am not), get the papers to register for the social security (haven't been registered in at least 6 years), get the papers to ask for the little bit of money I can claim when I have no other rights, and talk to the employment agency to look for a job.
Phew!
Now I am back home, and actually feel much better than yesterday. First, because I took care of all that admin stuff (still have a few things to do on Monday, but the worst is done).
And also, because it gave me new ideas and insights.
1. There is an organism in Bordeaux that helps people to find jobs in foreign countries. Wouldn't it be great if they had a job for me in San Francisco?? Will investigate.
2. I signed up for a one day workshop next Friday on how to create a business. Useful information I need to have if I want to do anything on my own, even if it is to create something on the web, or to give healing sessions at home...
3. How about I go to my aunts in Bordeaux for a while and look for a job in Bordeaux? Would be incredibly easier for me to live there when I don't have a car, as it is a city, with public transport and all, and they have more potential jobs for me than the few 2000-people-towns in my neighborhood here... My aunts agreed, so I might just do that, after the business creation workshop next week...
I feel so much lighter.
I can feel the abundance that is in my life again.
So to celebrate, I am going to the cinema tonight!

1 comment:

Darx said...

Hey, that's great news! Rock on, sister. I don't post comments all the time, but I read every post. You continue to inspire me.