Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Internet, and patience

I spent a lot of time on the internet today.
Signed up for one of these stupid pyramid schemes, and before giving up on it altogether and accepting that my 30 euros were lost, I thought why not try and give it a chance? So I spent time looking at advertising on the web, how to generate traffic, etc... I am sure this learning time is going to be useful later, pyramid scheme or not.
I feel a bit spaced out now though. Being on a computer all day tends to do that to me...
I want to spend a bit of time taking care of my cafepress shop and setting it up properly, and researching all the blogging possibilities and ways of earning money through blogging.
I also took an appointment with the Social Welfare office for Friday, so I also deal with the administrative details linked with me being here and officially unemployed. So far I have been impressed with French administration, as people were actually really nice and helpful on the phone!
And beside all that, I feel like I am boiling up inside. I want things to go faster, to be clearer, and to allow me to plan properly. Right now I am pedaling in a yogurt-like substance, and it feels exhausting and frustrating.
Patience, I guess...

2 comments:

Jane Marla VerDow said...

New Moon Angel,

I was just about to take a break from my own workday computer 2008 planning and set-up when I decided to stop by...

Glad I did. Now I am smiling again after reading...
"Stupid Pyramid Schemes" ...I love honesty.

They do work, I am just more convinced they work for the smaller top end than the bunched up bottom end.

I will get a handful of resources together and email them to you. From what I know of what you already have in place, blogging and blog marketing is probably your strongest path and there are simple low-cost/no cost ways to do that.

And your "store" can also link to your blogging efforts.

Jane VerDow

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Jane.
You give me hope...