Friday, June 29, 2007

Fisterra

That's it!
I made it in 3 days! 90 km in 3 days are not bad I find...
22km the first day, 34 (yes!) km yesterday and 31 today. I have another 3 left tomorrow to go to the lighthouse of Finisterre that really will close it.
Today has been a gorgeous and warm day, what a pleasure to arrive with such a weather to the sea. Here in Fisterra there are amazing beaches, and it feels almost like I am a tourist, if I overlook my pilgrim look and smell and way of walking.
My feet didn't like me too much since yesterday, with the long distances walking...
And I thought I had left many things in Santiago so that my rucksack would be lighter, but really it didn't make much of a difference, first because I had to carry more food because of the longer stretches without any way of getting any, and also because I picked things on the way. Best example today: we walked for about 100m on green jasper. Literally.
Do you think I looked, took a picture and thought how nice? No way! I filled a whole plastic bag with smaller and bigger pieces of beautiful green to blue jasper. Must have added at least a kilo to what I was already carrying.
But hey! I made it, I am proud of it, and glad that I have the stones. They will be wonderful presents to give away. And to keep, of course. Special camino energy!
So tomorrow I will walk to the lighthouse, will burn the old clothes symbolically, have a bath in the ocean if I manage to face the cold of the water, and will take the bus back to Santiago.
Then I will have a couple of days to at last experience pilgrim mass, and relax, before taking the train back on Tuesday morning.

2 comments:

Jane Marla VerDow said...

So you left behind what you no longer needed to allow room for what you may discover...and found jasper...

Rather than take a picture to record the moment and site...you decided to carry memories and visions in your rucksack and heart...

Tomorrow...a lighthouse to guide your path walking on land as she has done in purpose to safely guide those at Sea...

May the energy of your Spirit meet the energy of those whose Spirit was guided inwarded to land...

May you be held by the Ocean.

To your next steps...may the gift of 3 million thoughts and feelings be yours while walking the next 3 km.

Proud of you and smiling as I watch from across the world.

Jane VerDow

marble said...

well done. . . .

I wish you peace, now, as you rest from your journey.

Every blessing to you!
S.