Friday, June 1, 2007

Break!

Today I am staying in Belloado del Camino, which means that I walked about 19km today. I took long breaks and went slowly but still the last 4km felt like the road was never going to end.
My feet were getting really sore, and my shoulders as well with the bag. Yet the path was nice and the weather perfect for walking: sunny but not too hot. However I didn´t enjoy much of the last hour. So I thought, why not stop for a day.
Belloado is a very small village, less than 140 people. So I thought, if I stay here for a day, I will really rest. There is only one shop that is tiny and situated in a bar, but the albergue is comfortable, and has a restaurant so really I can relax all day tomorrow in a nice setting.
I saw so many people getting sick on the camino, or getting a tendinitis and having to stop for a few days, that I realised that it could happen to me if I don´t stop.
On top of the physical side, I have received so many impressions, felt so many things in the last 2 weeks that I can feel the need of stopping to process the whole lot.
So we´ll see how it goes! Maybe tomorrow I am so bored that I spend my whole day on the internet!
Then again, maybe not...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Put plaster under your feet covering the soles and sides of your feet, like a support and cover and rest for a couple of days. A pair of Meindl hikingboots is what I recomend too!
I was thinking ab the camino, but ended up doing the gr11 from north coast to Canfranc instead when I left Ireland
Take care
Haii

Anonymous said...

Hi again,

forgot a D in my name!

Haidi

Unknown said...

Hi Haidi

Thanks for your advice!
I had Meindl hiking boots but they were old and they are the ones that started the whole thing. Now I have Timberland boots that are good and comfy, only my feet don't seem to recover from the 26-28km day I forced them to go through when the boots were far too new...
Anyway, it will get better.
All the best to you, hope you are well.