Sunday, June 10, 2007

Morning storm

It is 7:25 am and still I haven't left the albergue.
Suprising, as I woke up just after 5am and was really ready around 6:30.
I woke up very early the last couple of days, and was blessed with the most beautiful sunrises as a reward for my early starts. Today however, a storm greeted us as we were having breakfast, and we really didn't feel like setting off in the rain, so most of us are waiting that the rain slows down so it is walkable...
In the meantime, the computers are being used a lot, you can imagine! And, to answer your worried question, yes, the storm is now gone, it is only raining a bit, so it is safe to use the computers...
Today I am walking until León. Then we'll see how it goes. It also depends on the weather a lot, as I don't fancy walking further than necessary in the rain.
Well it seems some people are leaving now so I'll go as well and enjoy the newly refreshed (and still quite wet) air...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Armelle,

Aaahhh! I can only imagine how wonderful it must smell after a fresh rain.

Have you been able to take any pictures of your trip so far. It all sounds so wonderful and beautiful. I can't believe you've been gone this long...it's just so incredible to me. You blow my mind that you're doing this...it's so awesome.

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying it...sore feet and all. It must certainly be a soul-searching adventure to say the least.

I'm looking forward to getting you back on the forum...I miss you. Not sure where everyone is lately but I'm lucky if there are two regular people to talk to. I know it's summer but you'd think someone would check in once and a while.

Anyway, safe travels and talk to you later.

God Bless!

Della

Anonymous said...

Hi Armelle,

Following your journey through your blog. Sorry about your feet getting sore. Glad they are getting better. You write so beautifully about the pilgrimage and your surroundings. I feel as if I am right there with you...and I am, in spirit. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I am so excited that you are doing this.

Miss talking to you. We have a couple new folks in the forum...one is a jam-up photographer. Looking forward to your return. Are you able to do any journaling other than what you relate to us in your blog? Hope so. You are truly an inspiration. Grateful to be able to call you friend.

Nothing like a quick summer storm to refreshen the countryside and cleanse the air. Blessings for good weather and a safe journey.

Take care, my friend,
Stella

Unknown said...

Hi guys!

It is so nice to hear from you!
And to answer both your questions, yes I am taking loads of pictures, and journaling a lot as well.
So far I have over 600 pictures and over 120 pages of diary written (in A5), so not bad altogether. I am thinking that I might need to change the memory card of the camera and the notebook before the end.
So maybe something creative, e.g. a book will get out of this! I was also thinking of specializing my cafepress shop in Santiago stuff, pictures and all when I get back.
I miss you guys too and am so glad to see you faithfully following my trip. It really helps me sometimes in hours of loneliness or pain... :-)

Take care both and talk soon!
Armelle