Sunday, December 30, 2007

Winter night lit by a fire

I am sitting with my laptop on my knees, cuddled up on the couch right beside the fireplace.
My dad has lit a fire, it is not very warm yet, but the sight of it makes me feel warmer.
I spent most of my day on my computer, and typing, like playing the piano, tends to make me feel very cold, especially my hands. So I am warming up, with the heat and love of the fire my dad prepared at my request.
My brother and his girlfriend have just arrived. I can hear the noises and sounds of their arrival. I can feel my mum's excitement, and in a few moments they are going to open the door to the sitting room and I will greet them.
But right now I am enjoying this quiet moment where I can feel all these people around me, but I am slightly apart from them. It feels like I am taking distance to run and jump into the pool.
OK now I can feel the energy building up inside my chest. The door is opening, it's just my dad, amazed that I didn't go to greet them yet. I joke and laugh with him, but now I want to go. Jump into the pool.

No comments: