Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Life in community vs. time alone

I am realizing, while living with my parents and for the next week or so with my cousin and her family, that I need time on my own very much.
I can ignore the need for a few days, and enjoy spending time with people, especially when I haven't seen them in a long time, but after a few days I become really irritable, and absolutely need to take time on my own, to read, write, or just be alone in my room.
Today I had most of the day on my own with my aunt only, as the others went to a farm where there are plenty of activities for kids and adults alike, and I decided to stay so I could try and spend a bit of time writing.
I didn't spend much time writing, but I can feel that my mind and soul are more peaceful from the moments spent in solitude.
I do need and want to have people around me, but I have understood in the last few days how important it is for me to honor myself and give myself the time and space apart I need.
Goes back again to listening to my inner voice, really.

No comments: