Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hey Prophet

Sounds like what I am writing about is bringing up lots of hostility in you. Maybe it's time to look in the mirror for you too.
The only thing you seem to do is destroy anything I might write about, by saying it - or I - is/am worthless, stupid, whatever else.
Let's get some things clear here.
I am completely open to constructive criticism. However, I am NOT your punching ball.
Maybe your comments come from good intention. Maybe you are trying to shake me to what you believe life is about. But the delivery of your last 2 messages has been received here as offensive and negative. And remember, there is what YOU believe life is about, and what I believe life is about. There is your path, and my path. Both might be different, and yet both might be true. I am trying to discover and walk my path, and don't need aggression or destruction on it.
Thank you.

3 comments:

Darx said...

Well, put, girl! It was definitely time to lay the smack down.

You are fantastic and wonderful to share your journey with us, and I am grateful to you for your openness and honesty with the world amidst all the confusion.

Illegitimi non carborundum, babe!

Anonymous said...

Dear Armelle,

I'm sorry if I have come off as hostile or attacking. It is the last thing I intended, although I have intended to "turn the heat up" - which you said you were trying to do, yourself.

I am not capable of "destroying" what you have written about. Only you can do that.

I have never said ANYTHING about you being "worthless, stupid, or whatever else." I don't think you're worthless or stupid - or I wouldn't waste my time reading about what you're going through.

Instead, I have said things like 'you can't give yourself the gift of clarity.' "Clarity" is not "yours" to give. I have said that perhaps you should have an idea of what business you want to be engaged in, before you spend time and money learning how to put it on the web. I have said that you might want to get yourself even a part-time job, just to 'steady' yourself. I have told you that no matter where you go, Armelle goes with you, and that you might discover that it's not so much where you live that makes a big difference as how comfortable you are in your own skin.

But you can discover all these things on your own, I'm sure.

Good luck.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the hug, Darcy.
It's good to have you as a friend.

Prophet, thanks for your answer. What I am trying to say is that if you use a less cutting delivery style, I might be able to receive what you have to say more easily.

I appreciate your advice, and have often considered it. My path stays mine to walk, and my mistakes stay mine to make.
And you are right that the place doesn't matter much. But I still have to experience that deep in myself, to let it seep in and digest it before I can really accept it and get off my big ideas of moving to the other end of the world.
And maybe I will still move to the other end of the world.
And that's OK.