Thursday, October 4, 2007

A week and a day

Well, there is a week since yesterday that I am here.
The jet lag is over, but the culture shock is still lasting a bit, as I discover more and more new things that I had no idea about. There are cultures, religions, musics, languages, and ways of thinking here that are completely unknown to me. Sometimes it feels like I am on another planet.
And it is hard to ground. It just feels like it is easier to fly than to walk with the feet firmly on the earth.
I haven't met that many people yet, but I am giving myself time to do so. Right now I need time to integrate everything I have come across, observed and experienced. I don't want to throw myself into a whirl of activities and meetings without keeping time to stay centered.
But I can feel this place is facilitating a deep transformation within me. It is giving me a safe place where I can let go of all the thought patterns that do not serve me anymore, and loosen up to find and create who I really am.
It feels like what I am going to do will come later. First I need to answer the main questions. The rest will flow from that.

No comments: