Saturday, October 6, 2007

Cafe Gratitude

Today I went to Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley.
It is an amazing place where people are smiling, and relaxed, and always positive.
All the dishes and drinks have names of the same format: "I am" and then some positive word like "abundant", "energetic", "courageous", etc... And when they serve the dish to you, they come to you and tell you "you are abundant" or the name of the dish you ordered. All of that with a smile, of course.
That place feels good. Have the feeling I am going to hang out there a bit.
Also, there are another two of these Cafes in San Francisco itself.
I will explore the one in the Mission district tomorrow, am meeting a friend there.
I still find it hard to ground. A glass of wine (doesn't even have to be large) sends me up above the clouds straight away, and I am particularly vulnerable to buying expensive things in the next hour or so until I come down at last... Hmmm. Haven't bought anything I regret though. That's good.
I am learning to take more time. And to trust.
I have the strong feeling that I don't need to control everything in this new experience. As a matter of fact, I don't feel like I need to control anything at all. Just go with the flow. And see where my heart leads me, at every moment of every day.
Exciting.

No comments: