Monday, October 22, 2007

Issac Delgado

On Saturday I went with my roommate and friends to a nice San Francisco club to see Issac Delgado live...
He is a Cuban singer, one of the best salsa singers in the world.
And listening to the incredible rhythm flowing effortlessly from him and his band, I realised how much many of us Europeans are rhythm-handicapped...
Looking at all these Cuban and Latino people moving freely and following all rhythms easily, I become more aware of my own awkwardness... Thank God I took a few months of salsa lessons back in Ireland so I can at least relate to the rhythm... It feels like a long time ago though.
Bathing in that music is a lot of fun though. The rhythms make it joyful and it is impossible to resist dancing to it.
This area of the San Francisco Bay is such a blessing for the many influences and musics and cultures that all seem to integrate into one.
I love this opportunity to get to know so many new styles and things I hadn't even imagined!

And now tonight I get to meet a friend for the first time. I had met her on tribe.net and she used to live in Seattle and is now moving to Italy. She is staying in San Francisco for a few days so we'll have dinner together tonight with another few friends. Guess where? In a French restaurant!!
It will be my first time being in San Francisco on my own at night time. That will allow me to get a feel for how Barts and buses and taxis work then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's Barts? The metro?

Unknown said...

yes it is some kind of Metro/train that goes from the suburb towns to San Francisco and that links the SF Bay cities between themselves.