Thursday, July 19, 2007

From Santiago to California

Things are moving again.
I feel tired today. Wanted to go straight back to bed after breakfast. So now it is almost 12pm and I am still in my pajamas, doing nothing productive... Ah well.
Apart from that, as I was saying, things are moving again. I checked out the flights to San Francisco, there are some pretty cheap ones.
I decided I wouldn't go by boat the first time, as it would take too much time and money, and would rather use these exploring the area where I want to live, rather than traveling to get there. Also I want to go there for 3 months first, come back to France for Christmas, and then see.

Hmmm getting back to this post, it is 11:30pm. After a nice sunny day where not much productive happened.
Well I helped my mum to sew a top, swam in the swimming pool and spent some time in the sun, and felt pretty miserable all day, for some reason.
I tried to call the US embassy in Paris to check if my visa would still be valid even though I left the company that first helped me to get it, but it seems I have to pay 14.50 Euro to get through to their Visa line, and get the smallest bit of information... And of course, by the time I got to it, it was closed anyway.
I don't want to book my flight before I am sure that my visa is valid.
Also, I have registered myself on a website to find a roommate around San Francisco, as I thought it would be a good way of limiting accommodation cost, and meeting people straight away.
So the good thing is, I feel ready to move on and start thinking about and preparing my stay in California. I am not stuck in Santiago anymore.
But I am still a bit fuzzy headed... I have ideas about what I want to do with my life, but I feel there is something missing. One key that would unite and balance the whole lot maybe. I can feel my mind is searching restlessly, as if I had forgotten to do something but couldn't remember what.
So we'll see how it goes in the next few days.

No comments: