Saturday, July 14, 2007

14th of July, time to celebrate!

Today is the French national day. I only remembered it in the middle of the afternoon though, and didn't do anything different to mark the day.
BUT
I spent the day with my parents, had a friend over for lunch, and my brother, his partner and her daughters and granddaughter arrived tonight. It is lovely, haven't seen them in a while and I enjoyed the dinner and night together a lot.
So there was a lot of celebrating going on anyway.
I think I am adjusting to the situation and the fact that I just need plenty of rest and relaxing at the moment. Things are perfect as they are.
I am not pushing myself to do things I don't feel like doing yet, but feel the urge to start reading and listening to the seminars and teleclasses I had downloaded a while ago but never listened to, as well as all the newsletters I received and stored without reading while I was walking. I will get to it as soon as my brother and his family leave tomorrow I think.
In the last few days, I have helped my mum to sew some dresses for me. We are still in the middle of the second one, and it is a lot of fun to do it together. I am learning a lot from her, and enjoying it a lot, even though I know that sewing is not one of my passions, and I certainly wouldn't do it for a living. Sewing together feels really like sharing quality time with my mum.
So things are getting better. I am still not feeling really at peace, but becoming less restless.
Life feels a bit less strange.
I am adapting to the new page of my life that is starting.
All is well.

No comments: