Thursday, June 12, 2008

News at last

It's time to share what's going on again...
It's been a long time. Gee. Over a month.
Well things have been moving.
As soon as I made the decision to commit to something, I started meeting people, discovering organizations and websites that might help me, etc...
My first milestone was the 22nd of May, with the little speech I gave to over 15 people at a friend's house. It went really well, and I even got my first client from it!
Since then I have been working on my website, which is still not online, but I am working on the content.
I have been trying to schedule my time, plan things to do, but after a few weeks of being at it on my own, I realized that I really need help.
I need some kind of very regular support by someone who has already created a company and knows how it works, and what steps to go through when. On my own, I lack the overview on what I need to do. So I feel a bit lost, helpless, and very lonely.
So I went to an entrepreneur fair last week, and was shown how many possibilities are open for me. Wow. How wonderful. Abundance again.
I had a meeting this week with a women organization that has an activity creation support program, and they accepted me in it. Which means that from Monday on, and until the end of October, I will be working on my project with them, in a group of about 8 women who are all creating their company, for 30 hours per week. Here is the regular rhythm I need to get back to, after over a year of sabbatical exploration. What's more, I am paid for doing it! Not much, but enough to motivate me to get out of the state help system. That program will give me everything I need: motivation, support, and a network of people who know how to do what I am doing.
So I have some work to do on my project presentation before Monday, and it's fun!!

As for San Francisco, I realized that now that I am really here with all my energy, I haven't lost the connection with my friends over there. On the contrary. It feels like the connection is clearer. And right now, I don't feel like going there. I don't know how long I will stay in Bordeaux. But for now, this is the place to be. And it feels good.
Phew.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! I can feel your connection cleaner than ever! It feels like we are finding our right friendship... I am grateful.

Unknown said...

Yes.
It really feels good.
And I am also grateful.
:)