Friday, June 20, 2008

First week over

So this is the end of my first week with the business creation program I started on Monday.
Wow.
I am exhausted. I can really feel that I haven't had a regular working rhythm with getting up early and being busy all day in over a year. My body is adjusting.
It is actually going rather well. I already feel less exhausted and like I could fall asleep in the tramway on my way back home in the evening. I feel more excited about what I am doing.
And I feel on purpose. Aligned with what I am here for.
What a feeling.

This week I have met a lot of people, starting with the trainers/teachers, and members of the program. I feel already like I integrated the group really well. I could feel the skepticism in the room when I first presented my project on Monday.
I am going to start a healing business, I said.
Healing? What the hell is that... I could feel the unsaid questions and doubts.
A girl summarized at some stage: so you are giving massages, but without touching the people? And then she made a face.
Uh-oh... This was not going too well.
I tried to explain more. No it is not quite like massages. It is energy work.
Oh they are not getting it. How do I explain what I do to people who don't believe in any of it by principle, and don't know what it is about at all. Sounds like a challenge I might have to face if I want to start that kind of activity in intellectual, philosophical, sensible France.

Yet within the week everything changed.
I had an opportunity to really listen and share with the one person I felt as a bit of a bully. Little by little I felt like I "earned" my space in the group. By the end of the week everything had turned around. People are more open, ask more questions about what I do and are more positive about it.
I noticed throughout the experience how I have changed around and in groups. I used to hate them and feel very ill at ease. I always preferred one-on-one contact and events. Just easier to deal with the energy flow. And this time being in a group, what's more where I didn't choose the members, is working really well. Hey I changed! I grew! Woohoo!

Ok I think I'll go to bed now, will write more about the week's experiences tomorrow or so.

4 comments:

Darx said...

Good for you! Sounds like an amazing week. Your journey consistently inspires me.

Unknown said...

Hey Darcy!
Thanks so much! It's great to feel you there!

StellaD said...

How quickly things fall into place once you begin taking action. So proud of all you've accomplished. You go, girl! You are a wonderful inspiration.

Anonymous said...

New Moon Angel,

That's the best part of healing work...less words needed as your work will speak for you...and I sense it will...today and always.

Just now catching up as your story unfolds. Best wishes. Much success.

I'm smiling watching from here.

Jane Marla VerDow