Thursday, February 21, 2008

Job applications and writing

It's been a while again since I posted here.
It's also been a while since I answered my emails properly. I have at least a dozen emails that are still waiting for a reply.
Strange how I have been checking my email everyday, and even put a note on my calendar a few times to answer them, yet didn't do them. I seem to get engulfed in some other websurfing activities, or other things even.
I have been working on my CV. Learning how to write a CV and cover letter in French. Not that easy...
I had seen an interested ad for a job as a junior HR consultant in a HR consulting company. Sent my CV and cover letter late on Tuesday. Got the negative answer before 9am on Wednesday. Didn't take them long to find out I wasn't what they were looking for.
OK so far it was the first job I was applying for. I am not discouraged. I am thinking of organizing a mailing of all HR consulting businesses in Bordeaux, to see if any of them would offer me an interview. Spontaneous application. Could work.
We'll see.
In the meantime I have committed to writing. A good friend of mine in San Francisco has agreed to keep me up to my word there. To do that we agreed that I would send her every evening what I have written in the day. So I have to write something to be able to send it to her. That should help to discipline me a bit.
These are strange times. It feels like I am a bit up in the air, in between. No idea what is coming next. Not even a hint.

No comments: