Sunday, September 2, 2007

Got a room near San Francisco!

That's it, the search is over.
I phoned a lovely lady this afternoon (well, morning for her) about a room for rent I had seen on Craigslist, and we really hit it off. So after over an hour conversation, we both agreed to end the search, she for a roommate, I for a place to live.
I have been on a little cloud ever since.
I knew it would go well. I felt guided.
But it is something else when it actually happens.
So to celebrate, I watched the Fifth Element again. On French TV.
It was strange to see Bruce Willis speaking French, but hey, I love Bruce Willis in any language. Especially in that tiny orange top designed by Jean Paul Gauthier!
Now all I have left to do is to work on a list of objectives I want to focus on while I am there.
So I don't "waste" my time having fun and forgetting why I am there for.
Ah, and also I need to start thinking of packing... Not quite the same to go somewhere for 3 months or for a week...
OK, I'll go and read a bit of Harry Potter to calm down (re-read in fact).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glückwunsch zum gefundenen Zimmer! Aber ein bißchen Spaß solltest Du Dir schon gönnen, wenn Du in SF bist... ;-)
Einen schönen Wochenstart wünsche ich Dir!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations finding your room already! You're right, it did sort it self out well in time.

It's funny, that kind of thing never happens for me. When I was travelling I always ended up just going somewhere, with just the first night or two booked somewhere in a hostel. While that can be nice and adventurous it also causes a bit of a pressure in the first few days to find something more permanent. So it's great that you did find something!

By the way I have been reading your blog regularly, I just don't comment very often but I think it's great that you post so often!

By the way everything here is ok, not much change, our old boss left for another company but maybe you knew that already! Well talk to you soon!

Tycho