Sunday, September 16, 2007

Long lost song

Today I found a song I had tried to remember for months.
It was a song I used to hear on the radio when I was at university in Bordeaux.
I remembered the feel of it, but couldn't remember either the name of the group or the title or the words or the melody... Basically I had just a vague feeling of the song left.
And well, today thanks to some clever research on the internet, I found it again! It was Lilicub's "Voyage en Italie".
Have a look:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x141on_lilicub-voyage-en-italie
It is pretty kitsch but makes me smile every time.
I remember eating breakfast in the sunny kitchen of the flat I was sharing with my best friend in Bordeaux, and hearing the song on the radio while getting ready for university...
Nostalgia nostalgia...

Apart from that I am pretty much spending my time meeting people at the moment.
I haven't even started packing even though I have about a week left before the big flight...
Ah well.
I know it will be ok and everything will sort itself out, like it always does.
Today it felt more important to look for that song on the internet than to start thinking seriously of what to take with me.
Hmmm... I'll continue to go with the flow and we'll see what comes.

3 comments:

Steve Coxsey said...

Armelle, there is an Italian movie from mid-twentieth century with that name. It is dark and sad and difficult. I've only seeing parts of it. Nothing like the feeling of the music in the song! I have no idea what the song is saying, since my French is limited to "Je ne parle pas francais."

Steve

StellaD said...

Very light-hearted song and fun video...reminds me of something from the 80's. Although, like Steve, I have no idea what they're saying!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Stella

Unknown said...

Hi Steve, Stella,

The song is a lighthearted kitsch enough song about going to Southern Italy, hand in hand, drinking a last martini in the morning before going swimming, driving on the Italian roads, etc... a bit soppy and romantic. You get the idea!
It was pretty successful when it went out first in 1996, and is linked to many happy memories for me.

Armelle