Monday, January 12, 2009

New beginnings

I feel good today.
Getting used to my new hearing aids and it's not easy, but not as hard as I thought either.
In normal situations, I feel good with them, and I do hear better. The hard side is the bluetooth bit of it. The hearing aids have a bluetooth functionality that allows me to answer my mobile phone directly in my ears and such. The sound is strange though, and so far I find it easier to just yank the hearing aids off my ears and answer the phone directly. Which doesn't quite work, of course, as the two are paired and trying to remove the bluetooth connection in the middle of a call disconnects the call. Hmmm. So I have been calling back people a lot.
I just got the hearing aids adjusted this morning and really hoped that it would help. It is a bit better, but not good enough for me to follow a conversation completely on the phone. Damn.
Maybe it's a question of getting used to it. I'll give it another few days, and will go back to the audioprothesist to adjust it further if it doesn't get better. So far it feels like I am listening to someone who is calling a radio station, and speaking on the phone live. Kind of narrow, hard to understand speech.

But things are good. I feel good. Confident that things are working out perfectly.
I have plenty of projects for 2009, business-wise. I want to create conferences, workshops, and even workshops with other people. I want to have more clients, 15 per week would be good, or the equivalent of income through other means. And I want to create a monthly newsletter, and to WRITE!! So this is what I am going to start right now. I'll write for an hour every day for a few weeks and see how it goes. Then I can up or down the time according to my schedule and intuition.

Life is good.

No comments: